Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
Manual transmission vehicles also need to be equipped with a hand crank for starting and an acetylene generator for lantern style headlights. All those things are the same degree of obsolete.
Jerry
I have to disagree with that, Jerry. A manual tranny truck can be push started. Try that with an automatic. Years ago, I came across a guy stuck in the ditch with another truck hooked to him trying to pull him out. The puller truck was an auto tranny and he couldn't get it to budge because his torque converter had stalled out. I hooked up to him with my manual tranny K10 Chevy and walked him right out.

Last edited by Peggy M; 06/13/2024 7:13 PM. Reason: fixed the quote (missing bracket) :)

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.