Originally Posted by Otto Skorzeny
What is the point of this switch? Is it simply to eliminate the mechanical spring and lever system?
Like Bill said, it replaces the manual stomp-start floor pedal that actuates the bendix with an electric switch that activates the solenoid, while having the same general appearance of the stomp-start pedal. In my case, my truck is no where near useable but I regularly find myself needing to start the truck while working on it. Every other vehicle I own, I just leave a push button wired to the solenoid and have an easy way to start it. With this truck I have to drop what I'm doing and go get into the cab. Just a three minute annoyance I'd like to eliminate.

It's little things like this that add up to a truck that I hate to work on. But I do like the character, history, and uniqueness of the stomp-start pedal and would like to keep some homage to it around.

Last edited by Maranatha; 04/23/2024 7:13 PM.

-- Ian

'55 2-ton stakebed