I've got stomp-start on my 235. I'm fixing replacing the starter with a new gear reduction starter. Did it in my CJ5 and it's amazing, it starts faster than any of my more modern vehicles. Also being honest, I find of hate working on the truck and needing to either run into the cab to start it or yank the spring and reach down to starter it. I'd much prefer to convenience of jumping my solenoid like I can on every other older vehicle I own. But I do love the character and uniqueness of the stomp-start though and was thinking that it'd be great if there was some sort of electric switch that I could mount in the floor to trigger my starter solenoid. Anyone know of something that'd work for this? I that about maybe modifying a hi-beam switch to just be a momentary switch like what you'd want for a starter but I'd rather not go through that trouble if I could find an alternative.


-- Ian

'55 2-ton stakebed