| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
108
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,292 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | I keep thinking I want a CDL. But its because I want to pull a heavy trailer weighting 10,000+ and I understand you need one to do that.
Why do they want you to have an air brake endorsement?. When I was a truck mechanic many years ago I'd frequently drive trucks with air brakes and I just don't remember it being that big a deal.
Isn't one of the good reasons for running air brakes the way they are designed so loosing line pressure applies the brakes? I didn't know there were air brakes that used air to apply instead of to hold off.
I knew I wasn't keeping up with the big truck stuff, but now I realize I'm further out of date than I imagined... But then I recently saw a restored truck at a show that was new back when I was a truck mechanic!
Guess I'll just stick with the old stuff.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | |
Entire Thread
|
air disc brakes, input wanted
| Grigg | 08/07/2007 3:31 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| 48bigtrucks | 08/07/2007 3:58 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Grigg | 08/07/2007 5:08 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| kb3csw | 08/07/2007 1:30 PM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| C10 - C90 Bill | 08/07/2007 2:31 PM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Grigg | 08/07/2007 3:04 PM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Kaliburz | 08/09/2007 1:17 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Grigg | 08/09/2007 2:19 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| C10 - C90 Bill | 08/09/2007 3:30 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Grigg | 08/09/2007 3:37 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Kaliburz | 08/10/2007 4:17 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Flxible | 08/10/2007 4:51 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| OldSub | 08/10/2007 6:44 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| C10 - C90 Bill | 08/10/2007 12:33 PM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Kaliburz | 08/11/2007 6:34 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| kb3csw | 08/11/2007 6:25 PM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| kb3csw | 08/18/2007 5:12 PM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Grigg | 08/18/2007 5:26 PM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Steve Garner | 08/19/2007 5:05 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| C10 - C90 Bill | 08/19/2007 5:37 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| kb3csw | 08/19/2007 2:05 PM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Steve Garner | 08/19/2007 5:29 PM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| HevyHauler | 08/19/2007 5:31 PM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Grigg | 08/19/2007 6:06 PM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| baldeagle | 08/19/2007 6:37 PM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Steve Garner | 08/20/2007 2:47 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Joe McNeel | 08/20/2007 5:22 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Grigg | 03/16/2009 4:07 AM |
Re: air disc brakes, input wanted
| Racecarl | 03/16/2009 5:47 AM | |
| |
| |