I got off work early today and figured I would take the easy route on this. I thought about this first, so I got under the dash and adjusted the rod till there was more play. In neutral and E-brake off, I could roll the truck. Got in and hit the brake. It was a bit lower but was firm. Got out and rolled the truck. No lockdown 👍. Took it for a ride through several subdivisions , applying the brakes at least 50 or 60 times. A few times I jammed em on pretty hard. Other than a slight pull left all was good 👍. Im gonna hang on to the new master cylinder till Im sure things are ok.

Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
Adjust the pedal linkage so the MC returns completely to its fully released position when you're off the brake pedal. There is a relief port at the extreme rearward point of the MC piston travel which must be uncovered to allow pressure to release in the brake lines.
Jerry

Last edited by fattboyzz; 02/28/2024 7:24 PM.

1962 C10 with a 235 6cyl -- all of the drive train seems to be original.
Some of this story is in the Side Lot
Some people like a new truck. I liked the old ones.