Originally Posted by Gdads51
glennj3, In the hope that it may prove helpful in figuring out your wiring and lighting control issues, attached below is a copy of a "Grote" turn signal device wiring instructions and diagram. The wiring diagram has color codes marked for each wire, which should help you trace your individual light fixtures wiring.

The diagram and instructions provided is based on your picture above of the "Grote" switch shown in your truck. Perhaps fellow Bolter bartamos can use the info and his offered help to guide through further inspection, testing and repair of your lighting? headscratch

I appreciate this help! I’ll be checking it in a couple of hours. I see where most use a 3 prong flasher & a hot wire goes to it. Mine is a 2 wire prong. I don’t see where a hot wire is supposed to go on this set up?
I’m sure there was a short somewhere as while driving I’d see a bright light flashing in the controller as though it was blinking.


1953 Chevy 153A 3/4-ton
Working on my project since 2015
Follow along in my DITY