I looked at about 5 Grote wiring diagrams earlier today. Using his part number. I saw the other parts number diagrams and so far have hesitated to advise how to wire. Together with PO color change and condition of other things. I am leaning on buzzing out.

Not sure if colors are same for all Grotes. Some Grotes have a "headlight" terminal, some have a ground, ground to/from a relay, a pilot, trailer stuff?, etc. Don't like modern Grote for Stovebolt trucks. The SAE OOC85 (probably SAE QQC85) is more of a spec than a part number.
SAE QQC,,,
SAE Q=Turn signal operating units-Class A.
SAE QC=Vehicular hazard warning signal operating unit
85? Year of regulation?

So the Grote PN is unknown. Using Dan's input, what I can see, little blury, and the colors posted by Glenn,
We can buzz this scenario.

1. YEL...Flasher input
2. BLU...Flasher Pilot
3. RED...Right front
4. GRAY....Left rear
5. GRN...Left front
6. BLK...Right rear
7. WHT....ground? don't know what that is for, Switch is grounded by clamp contact usually.
8. GRAY/BLK stripe.... Brake switch input.
Is there Hazard function on the switch?


As for parking lights not working on first position, that's just a small change to headlight switch....or maybe inner fender wires.

We landed on the moon yesterday and have a balloon over U.S. today. We can handle some 1953 tail lights I guess.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn