Crazy I spent so much time looking for wires that ran to the rear today. Finally I stared over at the tail lights. Left rear, both bulbs were broken! They are now working fine I think. I’m alone so can’t tell about the brake light.
There is one taillight unit with 2 bulbs in each one. Each bulb has one element. One blinks & the other is a taillight & or brake light.
Now the right rear is the crazy one. The upper blinker & taillight socket works but not the bottom one. I disassembled it to be sure and it works when grounded (as it should but not the lower socket).
It has 2 wires running from the unit. They are wired into a bunch of wires that go to a trailer light. I guess I should remove all of them, very old.


1953 Chevy 153A 3/4-ton
Working on my project since 2015
Follow along in my DITY