Originally Posted by Fibonachu
Nice and shiny!

Yes, I managed to get it together without damaging anything. I started "collecting" all the SM420 NOS Internal parts ( except cover ) back in July 2015. Looking back I really got caught up in identifying, locating, and then buying the parts. It sort of became as addiction I think...but hey, it was fun. In reality it looks like the only parts I actually needed for the repair was the countershaft, the reverse idler gear and the mainshaft and of course the bearings and gaskets. Since I have all these parts, I might as well use them for the rebuild. Starting on the mainshaft tomorrow.


Ron - - Dusty53
1954 Chevy 3604
In the Gallery Forum
"You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell."
"They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."