More excitement.....assembled the countershaft, all new nos parts and behold none of the three lock rings will fit (.128" / .132" / .138" ) got out the measuring tools and the stack up leaves only .118" . I've checked and re-checked the assembly and no gaps, no debris. I just dis-assembled enough to remove the countershaft drive gear and spacer. Off to the machine shop I go. Going to remove.012 from the overall length of the spacer which measures .875" .
Doing is learning.....
Anyone else ever run into this problem? Suppose its just the stackup of the manufacturing tolerances on the individual components.
Ron - - Dusty53 1954 Chevy 3604 In the Gallery Forum "You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell." "They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."