I decided like Jerry suggested, that relays would just be a common sense and relatively inexpensive upgrade (though possibly not necessary) for the DOT 55/65W H4's and horn. The wiring harness I am using i think has 10-gauge wire for the headlight circuit, I'll have to check, could be 12. It only had one relay (meant for AC) of the new fuse box, so I have already ordered a marine box for additional relays. Jerry's suggestion of self-setting breaker sounds intriguing, so I'll look into that. New dimmer switch, the original headlight switch with built in fuse fell apart in my hands so I have GM 62-66 era switch with repo '37 knob mounted. It will be an upgrade over '37 with a dimmer capability. ignition switch when I got the truck was the ugly aftermarket universal one and didn't even have a key. Purchased a GM 62-66 switch and turned the stainless-steel face nut down and polished to look pretty close to the original look of the ring. The diameter is same as original. New GM octagon keys. I won't need the SOL terminal, or start position, but can gain the upgrade of an ACC position. Appreciate all the help and advice as I string wire! Plan, plan, cut and solder once! Optimism! Larry


Larry
Old man᠁Old truck᠁neither one goes very fast. All you need in life is TIME, PATIENCE and MONEY.
If you are missing one component, you'll need an abundance of the others two.