Originally Posted by bartamos
Bill you are way high on your figures. Standard sealed beam 12V headlights are 65W high beam each= 130W = 10.8A total. Same as the H4 halogen and same as the original 1937 bulb.

Your 10.8 to my 12 amps isn't "way" high in my book. I have H4 lamps in my '52 GMC.

The headlight bulbs were used in a 1937 Chevy truck were GM part number 110185. They are not sealed beam. I wouldn't commit to using the original wiring until I knew how much current they drew. I can't find specs on them. Tung-Sol replacement is 2320L which is rated at 32 (high beam) and 21 (low beam) candle power. There is no converting candle power to watts unless you know the power factor (efficiency) of the bulb.

Last edited by Bill Hanlon; 01/19/2024 5:33 AM.

'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12
'52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.