Originally Posted by bartamos
The bulb being sold for 1937 is 32W. 32W divided by 6V= 5.3A, the other two are 65W divided by 12V= 5.4A

I did see bulbs listed at 32 CP. That makes NO SENSE when converted by any formula. So I decided the seller did not know what they were selling. There are many sellers calling it 32W.

I found a box of 10 GM part number 110185 (correct bulbs for 37 Chevy trucks and cars according to 1929 - 1954 Chevrolet MASTER PARTS and ACCESSORIES CATALOG) on
ePay.

Both the end of the box with the GM part number and a close up of one of the bulbs are shown below. Note that the bulbs are marked 32 CP (candle power), not 32 watts.

Why 32 candlepower?? I have found references to, but have not found the actual law, in New York state that is supposedly still on the books that limits headlight brightness to 32 candlepower!

I agree with your statement about converting candlepower to watts because as I said before one would need to know the efficiency of the bulb (how much light vs. how much heat) in order to do so.
Attachments
clipboard01.jpg (51.5 KB, 165 downloads)


'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12
'52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.