Bill, not wanting to create an argument, just an opinion for Larry like others are offering, and a Stovebolt record. I was comparing your 17 to my 10.8.
All three bulb ideas come to the same amp draw as I said. The bulb being sold for 1937 is 32W. 32W divided by 6V= 5.3A, the other two are 65W divided by 12V= 5.4A
The original used the stock switches and wire and no relay. Looks to me like a relay is not necessary and I wanted to mention that and support that opinion.That is the info I want to offer. Nothing else.

I did see bulbs listed at 32 CP. That makes NO SENSE when converted by any formula. So I decided the seller did not know what they were selling. There are many sellers calling it 32W.

Many folks on the net using 12V H4 halogen with no relay. Just info to ponder. Larry has new wiring. Larry did not ask if he should use relays, so I stated he should do what he thinks is best after all member input. That is what Stovebolt is for.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn