I’m going to be using relays on my H-4 halogen conversion reflectors and also converting to 12v with a total rewire in my ‘37. Let’s see if I have this correct. Fusebox power to the light switch, light switch then goes to the dimmer, which splits it two directions (high beam/low beam) then it goes to the relays, then to the headlights. I have a few questions. #1 does each headlight need its own relays ( high/low) for a total of four relays? Or just two relays, one for highbeam one for low beam and series wire to the two headlights? #2 Considering the H4 draws 65 W Should they be wired parallel with their own relays anyway? #3 would the single box with six relays all protected and mounted on the firewall recommended or all individually mounted relays better? #4 my simple mind is swirling with logic and the question, why are the 5 pin relays all SPDT when I am wanting it to control one circuit each? I’ve wired a lot of houses and understand KISS circuits such as power in, power out and grounds completing the circuit.


Larry
Old man᠁Old truck᠁neither one goes very fast. All you need in life is TIME, PATIENCE and MONEY.
If you are missing one component, you'll need an abundance of the others two.