Good morning. I agree with you Jerry. I would prefer keeping all stock because thats a proven winner for decades on this truck. I’m not after speed, but I’m really torn here with this engine because of the cam he installed during overhaul and leaving the intake/exhaust and carb all stock.

I spoke with a longtime cam grinder in CA and he felt that I should leave the 264 3/4 cam installed. He felt on these old Jimmy’s, that this grind is ok and in his opinion really needed for these small engines. He also stated this grind is really more mild on these engines vs newer technology (of course he is a well known speed cam grinder for all kinds of engines).

I’m a bit concerned about pulling the cam to have it reground to stock if its really not necessary. I would hate to cause any harm to this overhauled engine (that has not yet been run). But if it needs to be done to make it right, I will.

What are your thoughts on this cam with the stock intake/exhaust and carb? Will I lose power with this non-stock cam installed with a stock fuel system?

Thanks for listening and all the advice. This truck has special meaning to me and I want to ensure it’s right for family generations to come.

PTCT49