Thank you guys for your input. I certainly value your experience on the subject. I would prefer to stay as much stock as I can on the truck and I’m not really after speed or eye candy. My brother liked to tinker with the speed ideas however 😉.

I did dig out the stock intake and exhaust manifold and Zenith carb today. I separated the 2 as the heat riser is seized up. Got it soaking with PB Blaster. The carb has a crack at one of the attach screw areas above the steel attach to the manifold so I’ll need to locate a replacement fitting for that if I can. Maybe a call to Carbking?

What are your thoughts on the Patrick’s cam 264 (3/4)” performance grind that he had done after his overhaul I mentioned above? Just a bit concerned if thats an aggressive grind or will I be ok with the stock 1 barrel carb and single exhaust? Anyone familiar with Patricks Cam Grinds? When he was in business was his process to send one of his cams ground to your request or did he grind and return yours? Concerned about the quality of that process with this full overhaul engine. Will I need to change my valve clearances? I did not receive any data on that from my brother’s records.

Thanks again. What a wealth of knowledge this site and members are. I love reading the posts and learning about these trucks and engines.

PT