Fellow Stovebolters, I am seeking advice from those who have run wires into their doors for power windows and locks. I am looking at wire looms. I cannot decide where, on the hinge pillars, they should be located. I also cannot decide on what wire looms might work the best for a 1952 3100 with vent windows.
If I run the wire loom just below the VID tag, I fear it might jam against the inner-to-outer cowl panel (that curved piece between outer side cowl and inner kick plate or side cowl) when the door is closed. If I install the wire loom too high, I fear it may interfere with the inner constructs inside the door.
There are other options, such as the more modern "S boots", that do not protrude behind the hinge pillar when the door is closed, but I cannot visualize if these boots will fit in the space between the hinge pillar and the front edge of the door. For some reason, the nu-relic site says their S boots are for vehicles from 1958 and later.
It is not yet an option for me to just mount the door onto the cab body and find out for myself, as I cannot yet release all of the bracing I have done to keep the cab stable while replacing rusted sections of the cab.
Sooooo, if you have been down this path, please share your experiences with me.
Thanks


1952 Chevy 3100