Silver,
I had a 1950 Chev one ton and its engine had a similar casting number. I don’t recall the actual casting code, but I do remember that it also started with a C. After much digging, it turned out that it was a low pressure 235.

This question of mine is directed to the rest of the community reading this: At one point, didn’t Stovebolt have a thread going that had an actual engine “search engine” for casting codes? I remember using it, and it was very slick. I can’t find it now.


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300