Hi Gord, yes I poured through the sites looking for info and that’s how I confirmed the 51 GMC 9314. But the engine is eluding me. The standard reference does not work on my engine and I need to know in order to arrange for parts on either a 216 or a 235. It is very important for me to keep matching numbers on this truck which is why I will be re- sleeving it.
Number on plate behind the distributor is the same as the plate C487058.
Jerry I will check for the sheet metal on drivers side. But will still need to narrow it down to proper displacement. I thought I had a 216 at first but in all my reading from Oshawa plant it could very well be a 235. I’m so confused.
Attachments
581D6F33-E1F6-4CE9-A132-2B6DB929E72E.jpeg (342.61 KB, 162 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 09/16/2023 7:34 PM.