Originally Posted by ChevyDarren
What tool did you use to roll that over? I called the Filling Station and they had no real answer. They also suggest a tack weld or epoxy. Water under the bridge now but I actually found someone in Canada making the correct leather washer. Tack welding is going to foul the galvanization. So I think I’ll stick with what I have. I only wish we could figure out what the maker of those roller intended when rolling over that “rivet”.
Can you post a link to the leather washers? I'm also looking for a rivet that works with the leather washers. It seems the original rivet with leather washers may have had a wider diameter that contacted the channel. The new rivets with nylon rollers would have a narrower diameter to accommodate the width of the roller.
I noticed the original leather washers were Two sizes with one being thicker than the other presumably to offset the rivet to clear the door panel. Only One pair of leather was still good on my truck. I did see that the filling station has felt washers to replace the leathers, I may try those if I can't find another solution.

Last edited by walterhvogel; 08/29/2023 1:28 PM. Reason: Remove off topic content

1947.2 Chevy Panel Truck 1-ton
In Project Journals
In the DITY Gallery
1955.2 Chevy Suburban
1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV