Originally Posted by Rusty Heaps
The old replacement pump had little travel in the arm. these by Carter seem to have excessive travel before the pump is engaged. And this is comparing them to an old original. I'm thinking it may just be wiser to install an electric pump. What pressure should I consider with an 216?


\The new pumps are all garbage regardless of brand name. They're all made in the same place. You have to find a "real" fuel pump made in the USA 40-70 years ago and send it to Then&Now to be properly rebuilt.

You mention an old original pump. Do you have it? If so, send it out to be rebuilt. It will work.

The fuel pressure for the 216 should be 2psi-4psi. My pump puts out 2.5 psi.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)