Originally Posted by Otto Skorzeny
Yep. Everything is pure junk today.

I strongly suggest, however, that you obtain an original or OEM replacement pump and have it rebuilt. The new one you just installed is going to fail sooner rather than later and you'll be in the same situation again.

I’m trying to persuade a friend who has a 1962 vehicle with a 235 who wants to V8 it that he should go ahead and sell me the 235 and put the money towards the cost of building the small block. Then I wouldn’t have to fool with this 216 anymore. Don’t get me wrong it’s a good engine, but I have a better geared rear end with Bendix brakes instead of Huck that is just itching to be installed so I can attain highway speeds. I also know that I will have to change the backing plates and other hardware for the Bendix front brakes. Therefore I don’t want to spend money unnecessarily.


I invest my money in precious metals, mostly rust!