Originally Posted by Otto Skorzeny
Your pictures look like the filler neck coming out of the fuel tank is at the wrong angle. It appears to be straight up rather than at 45° angle pointing toward the fuel tube. Was that a new tank? If so how did it look compared to the original tank?

It was a brand new Spectra Tank. It's been a long time. I think this was a matter of "not knowing how little I knew" and the original tank was pitched before I had a chance to do a direct comparison. This was a younger, and much dumber, version of me as it relates to aftermarket parts. The Spectra tank was pretty universally praised as a perfect replacement, and I think that's still the case. For what it's worth, I think all the praise is probably deserved. Maybe I got a one-off defect? Or could it be that Rock Auto shipped the wrong thing....a tank for a different application?

Anywoo, I agree with your assessment...sure looks like the tank itself is to blame. I'm sure I can modify something and make it all work much better than it does currently.


1951 3100