Feel free to move this thread. It’s fuel system related so I will put it here.

One of the first things I did when I acquired my 51 3100 some 8 years ago was redo the entire fuel system. That included a new Spectra, made in Canada, fuel tank. I noticed back then that I couldn’t get the filler neck to the same angle as before. It was too horizontal. I fiddled with it quite a bit, finally gave up and moved on with my life.

Fast forward to present day when the truck gets driven fairly frequently. The horizontal-ish fuel neck makes it almost impossible to fill the tank without overfilling and spilling down the side. More than just a mild annoyance now.

I have a few ideas how I might correct this condition: Some shortening of the tubes for tank and/or neck, with a more flexible hose in between. Some gentle bending of the tubes ay the tank. Etc.

Before I go reinventing the wheel, wanted to see if others have encountered this problem and how they went about fixing it.


1951 3100