My grommet was also angled to hold the filler neck. I bought it from NPD. Long side pointed down.


I tried to find as many pics of the filler neck on the fuel tank as I could. You can see the old tank and new tank are virtually identical. I re-used the original fuel filler neck that connects to the tank with a rubber fuel hose.

Maybe your fuel hose section is too long, making the fuel inlet stick straight out instead of angled? The rubber hose should be a short , straight section with no bends.
Attachments
IMG_20210914_150623.jpg (42.21 KB, 115 downloads)
IMG_20210919_164829.jpg (116.15 KB, 116 downloads)
IMG_20210919_164911.jpg (74.06 KB, 116 downloads)
IMG_20210919_164905.jpg (95.14 KB, 116 downloads)


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)