Y’all’s (All Y’all’s?) pictures have helped me figure it out. To achieve an angle similar, the filler neck needs to rotate clockwise if you were standing outside the truck facing the door. And if the neck is rotated in such a fashion, the connective hoses are too short and perhaps a bit too stiff. Some new hoses and a new grommet, and I will be able to make it work.
I couldn’t prove it without another truck to compare side by side. But I think the root cause is actually a tank inlet that is oriented too vertically and makes the alignment to the cab opening/grommet…..all wonky. Looks to me like Otto’s and Jon’s tanks have inlets that are a bit shallower. My crummy pictures might help illustrate. Best I could do without removing the seat back.
Incidentally, I ordered the hoses from Jim Carter at the time I bought the tank (which I believe came from Rock Auto).