Mike B. Thank you for your further explanation of the power divider in your literature. If I understand you correctly the "power divider" is manually engaged in the cab as opposed to an air shift such as one would see in a later truck. Then the auxiliary transmission is such as I described in my post. I have not seen the literature you referred to but it would still not be inaccurate for the Truckstell name to appear after the Eaton purchase of the Ruckstell product. What is a surprise to me is that it was still being used as late as 1959. I expected that by that time Chevrolet had dropped references to it and were selling it as an OE option. FWIW Chevrolet continues the practice of allowing their name to be used with authorized aftermarket upfit products. As I am in the business of heavy truck related equipment I find the history of these things interesting while most would find it incidental or even boring. Thanks again and if you can shoot me a copy of that brochure I'd like to see it.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain