Could the clock spring be a whole turn too tight?
Did you take it out or move it too much maybe?
I’m curious what is going on here
-s
I spent a fair bit of time studying and fussing with the spring based on that same theory. Best I can tell, the spring is set at its natural resting point. Another turn “loose” is sort of forcing it loose and it gets all weird looking.
However, I’ve learned that sometimes things look differently of you step away for a day. I will probably try once more to see if another turn in the loose direction is a possibility.
Also need to make another run at validating my strobe tachometer. Perhaps I’m worried about nothing here. I borrowed one from my parents but it was some sort of modern USB thing that was much smaller. I’ll just make a mark on the balancer if one of our vehicles and check it.