I just went thru this last week on my 66 c10. On the grille shell to fender connection, I ended up leaving all other fender bolts out then started those two upper bolts. Once I had the grille shell to fender joint where I wanted it (perfect on one side & about 90% on the other) I tightened those bolt down. Then proceeded to get the others started. Yes, it took a lot of prying with phillips screw drivers to get the other grille shell & fender bolts to align, but eventually got them all in.

On the right door to fender gap, I had problems there too. I ended up using a large c clamp (maybe10 " or so) & hooked it on the front cab support & behind the rear fender brace near the rear lower bolt is located & just cranked it back till I had a gap I could live with. I had to shim my fender out a little, but looks like yours is just the opposite. Maybe the front of the door needs to be adjusted out a little.

Don't have any good photos, sorry.


1966 C-10 Short Stepside
HiPo
Step-by-step ~ and on-going resto build
in the Project Journals