Well, not to encourage laughter, KY Jelly works well and dissipates quickly. That and a dull screwdriver worked very well when I installed new windlace. Also if not already done, inspect the retainers (tracks?) all the way around and make sure its not pinched shut . I cut a small length or the windlace ( roughly 1 - 1/2 " long ) and tested the retainer / track by making sure that test piece would slide all the way around the track freely. It was necessary to tweak the track in a few areas to enable the test pieced to slide freely. Once that was done I then brushed the lubricant into the track ahead of the windlace as I pushed it through the track ( retainer). It takes a bit of patience but its manageable.


Ron - - Dusty53
1954 Chevy 3604
In the Gallery Forum
"You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell."
"They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."