Yes, they're both solid lifter cams. The Elgin cam has the same timing and lift as the 261/Corvette cam, but a slightly different lash specification. The Melling cam has a somewhat longer exhaust lobe duration and a very similar intake lobe profile to the 261 cam. I'll be doing a degree check on the cam I'm installing in my 261 stroker engine, and probably doing a bit of timing tinkering by broaching a couple of extra keyways in the cam gear at slightly different positions than the original slot. I'll also make the timing cover removable without pulling the oil pan, and make the cam gear a snug slip fit, retained by a center bolt instead of a press, so I can tinker with cam timing during dyno runs. Advanced cam- - - -more low end torque- - - - -retarded cam, more top end HP. "There's no free lunch", at least without computer controlled cam timing!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!