I did similar in my 1970 Chevelle SS. Buried to beat a traffic light, and buddies that were crossing a block away, and the raised intersection left me setting on the console. Talk about trouble keeping control. Absolutely, I’ve worn my seatbelt everyday since. Installed lap belts in my ‘57 3200 bolted to floor with specified bolt and washer hardness. I’ve had the top inch of my sternum busted loose from shoulder harness in a 3 cylinder 5 speed vehicle. Along with right heal, right knee cap, and small bone in my right hand (dang gearshift knob), and drunk driver coming down the hill at 4:00 in the afternoon. Head on collision in my ditch.
Last edited by DES57; 12/15/2022 12:44 AM. Reason: Added last sentence.
1957 Chevy 3200Daily DriverPS, A/C, Tilt column, Rebuilt 350, Rebuilt TH350, Reupholstered Bench Seat, sound proof/insulated, LED headlights/taillights/backup lights/interior courtesy lights.
Follow in the DITY