| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (texas46, Samantha, Rustnut, IHPWR, Bill Hanlon, DadsFirstPickup, 32Fordpuchoptop, 1 invisible),
144
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,236 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2019 Posts: 4,480 AD Addict & Tinkerer | | AD Addict & Tinkerer Joined: Feb 2019 Posts: 4,480 | Yes, lots of discussion in past threads with lots of pictures. The installation in the pictures posted above is not recommended. The belts should attach to the floor, not to the seat frame. I agree the belts should be bolted thru the floor and as Mike B pointed out, the edges contacting the underside of the floor need to be radius’d in order to prevent them from cutting thru the floor. I fabricated my own using 1/4” steel plate. I also have a 5 window cab and installed 3 point belts. I bought mine from Seat Belts Plus and bought the plates with an attached nut for the pillars. A little bit of grinding and bending to get it to fit. Once in place I used a pop rivet to keep it in place. Here is the post where I documented the installation. https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...point-seat-belt-routing.html#Post1333066
Last edited by Phak1; 01/08/2023 3:34 AM.
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc BrakesProject JournalsStovebolt Gallery Forum | | |
| |
| |