Use the aftermarket side mount set-up and you'll be fine. I made my own back before I knew about the aftermarket stuff and it pretty much looks just like them. I used a bellhousing from a mid 70's V-8 truck and made an adapter mount to connect it to the crossmember, that way I could use the SM420 without reworking the driveshafts,
Scott

If you look at the links in my signature line, the 48 4400 with the plow on is the one that has the 350 in it for about 8-9 years now.


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!