I was just looking at doing 12v upgrade just for this reason. do you happen to have part # for Wagner bulbs? their website search doesnt go back far enough. thanks for post. i will give a try before changing everything over. also what is truck year/model that you did this on to confirm bulb compatibility with mine?
Hi GB, The truck is a 1950 3100. I hope this post saves you some time and money. Be sure your battery is fully charged and holds it and that your generator and voltage regulator are working correctly, too. When they're all working in sync together,the 6v system is as good as any 12v system.
The headlight box says WAG-H6006 for the part number.
I purchased them from Classic Parts. https://www.classicparts.com/1941-54-Headlamp-Bulb-6-Volt-Halogen/productinfo/54%2D004/
Rock Auto sells Phillips Halogen and Wagner 6v bulbs too. The bulbs that I replaced were an original Guide T3 bulb and a Phillips. They were both dim yellow.
Jethro above did the right thing with his cables. 00 everywhere and good grounds.