Thank you for the tips. I really don't recall having any issues with install and I don't think that was a contributing factor. I guess now I get to do it twice! You can see the size difference in the attached pic. It seems substantial.

Its not just glass shops that have dried up. I've been doing this project for 4 years and its been a challenge to find people to do anything. I had to drive hours to find someone willing to sandblast. 2 years to get my caddy motor rebuilt. No one would touch my jetaway transmission. I ended up painting the truck myself piece by piece because paint shops wanted 50k and two year wait times before even starting. I found a few helpful people but like you said I think people have just moved further east or just out of CA.

The test for me will be whether I can actually get my truck registered. If I've done all this work and can't get the dmv to let me register it, I'm moving!
Attachments
IMG_1100.jpg (110.2 KB, 77 downloads)

Last edited by 50shep; 09/09/2022 4:51 PM.

1950 Chevy 3100
Jason

1950 3100