I can't really use a hammer very well because the pitman arm eye is shrouded by the box.

I still haven't had a chance to try heat.
I got a new set of hoses and refilled the bottles last night. Got it all set up and discovered that my #1 tip has gone walkabout. I've got a #00 and a #4 cutting tip. The pitman arm would jist giggle at the size flame out of a #00.

I checked with the local hardware store, Tractor Supply, Atwoods, Harbor Freight, and Lowes/Depot. They all only have cutting tips and rosebuds. The local welding store wants $65 for a #1 welding tip.

After the rain slacks off, I'm going to go try with the cutting tip. It should be fine -- just a little unwieldy for the cutting torch under the fender.

Leon
Attachments
pitman arn.jpg (207.96 KB, 75 downloads)

Last edited by Leon; 09/01/2022 10:48 PM.