My wife and I are retired and injoy road trips. We hadn’t been to New England yet so we loaded up the truck an headed north. Between the road trip north and my bout with the purchased head dubacal, I was still looking for a uncracked head. My internet search lead me to Chevy Supply of Assonet Massachussets. I called to ask if he had a good head he said yes I do. Well, you know what that means, Donna and I have added a stop to are New England ride. Long story short we meet the owner and he and some of his stovebolter's were picnicing by his large shop. He and I became good friends right away. He and some of his friends showed me around his coral of rare american classic's. He did show me 3 heads that were on a shelf with many other parts and he politly said to pick one. Whow, I was floating on air almost geety. I picked my head and he and I pulled it from the shelf. Mean while I saw a oil pan in much better shape than mine. Yes was all he said. Donna and I left with a smile on our faces. I knew why I was happy but I don't think Donna knew why she was smiling. Attached you will see a picture were I am shaving the outside diameter of the valve guide to accomodate the new seals.
Last edited by Phak1; 06/08/202511:58 AM. Reason: Typo’s