I am anticipating using one of the SBC engine mounting kits for the engine mounts (haven't decided if independent or tube type), anticipating needing to remove the original frame cross member that provided the rear engine/transmission mount, and using one of the after market transmission cross member mounts located at the transmission mount location (determined by the engine location). The NV3500 has an integral aluminum bell housing. As a result the engine and transmission assembly should mounting should be similar to '90s Chevy truck structurally.
My understanding is that at least some of the SBC engine mounting kits have dimensions from fixed frame locations to position the engine for required cab clearance. I suspect my cab may be off the frame at that stage of the build process so I would appreciate any insight members have about the resulting engine to cab clearance. I may need to drop the cab back on the frame just for peace of mind when I have the engine mounting mocked up.