I know 100% for certain, (I ain't speculating on this), if you have the ring gear/pinion out, which means the drive shaft would have come out with this.......a piece of 1-1/4" black iron pipe and 6lb. sledgehammer WILL get the rear and front bushings out.

I had to replace my Okie bushing after the fact (cause the seal was pinched on the Okie), and I decided to go back with original front and rear seals. Found them NOS on flea-bay.

So really all I had to do was drive out the original rear seal and the Okie. They got persuaded to come out.

I will add this though....I did pull the entire rear end out from under the truck, put it on jackstands, and did the work from there. I didn't want to think of attempting this with the rear end still under the truck.

Mine is a 51, should be the same as what you have.

Last edited by kades51; 01/13/2022 10:22 PM.

Mike

1951 3100 5 window