The residual values are a little confusing to me. I've read things that say wheel cylinders have them built in, and now Dave is saying some MCs have them built in. I thought the prop/combination valve provided that function as well, but I'm starting to think it doesn't.
Are residual valves required for proper brake function? I'm getting the sense they aren't, or at least it varies depending on what you have.
What's confusing to me on the TSM Mfg site is troubleshooting the brakes. THey make kits for all different vehicles, so I'm guessing the tech tips might be more specific to certain setups. https://www.tsmmfg.net/tech-tips.html
Depending on what is happening, they tell you to add a value, or remove one. I guess some scenarios you can end up with 2 residual valves depending on your components and you'll need to remove one to keep the brakes from dragging.

I've never dealt with residual valves, so what do you guy think? Should I start with no valves and add them if the pedal travel is too far or spongy?
Thanks,
Greg


1949 GMC FC253 - 1 Ton Dually
1966 Buick Wildcat Convertible