The plot thickens! After reading Dusty53 post, I measured the ID of the vent window frame, the glass and the thickness of the setting tape, I came to the conclusion that the setting tape From Classic Parts is way too thick. The tape from measures .068” (a bit over 1/16”) and the description on their site says 3/64” (.046”). The frame ID (averaged out) is .320”. The glass is .232” which leaves .088” of room for the setting tape. .068” x 2 =.132”. Not going to fit!

I called Classic Parts and they pulled the part from the bin. It measured the same as the one I have. They do not have the 3/64” tape I need. They noted that it was miss labeled and gave me a credit.

I found 3/64” setting tape on eBay, which I ordered, so that will be another delay of at least a week.

Frustration level going up!

Last edited by Phak1; 12/04/2021 3:18 AM.

Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum