Phil, I'm not sure it matters but I put the side against your thumb to the FRAME side. It was difficult to install even with the motor oil. Used a mallet to do the final seating. It was such a difficult process for me that I put more work/research into the tape I used for the door windows ( frame inside width minus window thickness divided by 2) and ordered the correct with tape from a vintage auto restoration supplier. Things went much smoother on the door windows.

I went and looked and I installed it the opposite of what I stated. Fabric to the frame.

Last edited by Dusty53; 12/03/2021 3:10 PM. Reason: corrected post information, my bad

Ron - - Dusty53
1954 Chevy 3604
In the Gallery Forum
"You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell."
"They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."