Looking at your profile, your stable has:
1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original)
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod)
1941 Chevy coupe
1938 Chevy coupe streetrod

Cool!

Looking at your other posting you said, "I live in an HOA and have no shop in which to work on my project". I feel your pain.
The quote from the rod shop to do your "patina 51" is $30K and you want to know if that's too expensive.
Consider that most of the Stovebolt forum members (my guess) do their own work and/or do their own maintenance.
I can't say everyone is like me but I don't have the resources so I do my own project(s) a little bit at a time as I can afford it.

Chuck, I don't intend for my analogy to be offensive but just like those who own horses and live in a city with no stables, you find a business outside that provides what your horses need and pay for it. If you think it costs too much then maybe you don't need horses.

Have you looked at businesses South of your location. I heard they are cost effective.


"Adding CFM to a truck will only help at engine speeds you don't want to use."
"I found there was nothing to gain beyond 400 CFM."