Buoymaker, this thread is about my need for a new wiring harness for my 1950 half ton that I’m about to have a reputable shop install for me. But since you brought up another thread I started on a completely different topic, let me address that. First off, no offense taken, but you went just a little out of your way to make your point that since I live in an HOA and have a stable of 4 old vehicles, that I should either pay up to take care of them or else get rid of them if I can’t. Here’s a fact….. I’m able to have a stable of 4 old vehicles because I’m frugal and am blessed with lots of common sense. I don’t waste money overpaying for anything. Part of the fun I have when shopping for anything I need in life is getting it at a good price. I’m a salesman, and have never paid full retail price for anything except what I had to. I always negotiate or find bargains/deals. With regard to the other thread you referenced, it’s not a matter of not being able to pay for the project, but rather is it a good price? Is it worth it to me? Is it a good value, or would it be money spent driven by emotion? Many, many guys spend way too much money on their trucks/cars because they let their emotions take over. I’m not that kind of guy. Lots of things in life just aren’t worth what the seller is asking for it.
Fibonachu, thanks for the link to the #05053 1950 COMPLETE WIRING SET see note $239.00. 😊
I called YNZ and spoke with the sales desk, and the #05053 is NOT cloth. It’s plastic, for 12 V, and is actually made for them by another company.
Their own cloth version for my truck is $879. 😞