I finally got the time to test the Runtz by attaching it's ground and 12v terminal to the battery via jumper wires. I then touched the positive lead of my meter to the output of the Runtz and touched the ground lead to chassis ground. The reading at the output connection was 7.9 volts. According to that it tests good, albeit a bit higher than expected, so I have no idea why it didn't work on the car. The guy who installed it snapped a picture of the install and it was connected correctly according to his photo. The only connection I couldn't see in his photo was the ground so it's possible the ground wasn't good. Anyway the replacement reducer is working fine so I guess the Runtz will go on the shelf instead of in the trash.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
|