No problem at all, Tiny. Happy to help if I can. I think I'd do this: find a known good ground connection on your vehicle and connect the ground wire from the runtz device to that. Using an alligator clip test wire or similar, I'd connect 12v positive (from your battery or anywhere you might find 12v) to the threaded post on the runtz and then check voltage from the part of the runtz with no post (the part designed to connect to your fuel gauge) back to ground. As I recall the connection spot is on the bottom side of those. From that connection piece to ground, your voltage tester should read 6v, but since the runtz device used a fixed 8 volt chip, it could read higher than that. Please let us know what you find. If it reads 0 or any voltage around 3v, it is a goner.


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end