Well I tore into my rear brakes first. I started by filling the master and checking to see what I had. This truck was last licensed in 74, brake system completely dry. I was able to get some fluid into the wheel cylinders but the left rear started to leak, not a big surprise. I am amazed that of all the things I've taken apart, I have only broke two bolts on this truck. All the bleed screws came loose, the flat head screws that hold the drum to the wheel hub came loose with my impact driver. The left cylinder had over extended because there was no wear material on the shoes! No evidence of brake lining either. There was not galling of the drum or on the brake shoe. It was just not there, only the glue was left.
Attachments
IMG_1140.jpg (66 KB, 87 downloads)

Last edited by lumbersawyer; 07/06/2021 5:34 PM.

1947 3600 Chevy