Working on the 350 engine out of my 71 K1500. The history is I wiped a lobe off the cam a few months ago. It was #7 exhaust. Anyway, I finally got around to pulling the motor to replace the cam. New cam, timing chain, lifters, push rods and gaskets.
I got to the point that I wanted to run the oil pump with a drill to pre-lube everything. The motor is still on the stand, with the intake manifold off yet. The "odd" side pushrods bubbled and got oil, but I cant get oil to come out the push rods on the "even" side. I ran the oil pump for probably 15 minutes. Am I missing something? My next thought was to pull the pushrods and lifters out of that side to make sure they were getting oil from the block, but I haven't got that far yet.
Any other wisdom?
Thanks
Jon